Sunday, July 31, 2011

Life's a Gas - A little bit about it...

Guys, girls and Gasheads everywhere,

Welcome to my Life's a Gas blog, which is centred around my indescribable and unhealthy love of Bristol Rovers football club. I'm a proud Gashead. Always have been, always will be and as all Rovers fans will know, this entails a fair share of demoralising. That's the way it is, although it does make those special Rovers moments even sweeter than they should be, as they don't come around all that often! 

Those of you who were kind enough to take the initial time to check out my blog but aren't a proud Bristol Rovers supporter, I thank you. Unfortunately you may have wasted the past 30 seconds of your life reading this, so I do apologise. You may now leave if you wish, but if you want to stick around and find out more, you are more than welcome to do so!

Is there anybody left reading this? Probably not, but in case there is, I shall go on!

Having been a Rovers fan all my life, I know what it's like to have a secret, child-like excitement 5 minutes before kick-off against Accrington Stanley on a cold and wet Tuesday night. You know you shouldn't be all that enthused by the prospect, but you just can't help but get excited - don't tell me you haven't experienced it, cos the chances are if you've bothered to read this far, that you know precisely what I'm talking about!

This blog allows me to express what my life is like being a Rovers fan. What I do and where it takes me. It's a platform that gives me the opportunity to write about my favourite subject, explaining the feelings and emotions of supporting my team and showing exactly what it's like to be a Gashead.

I will write about everything that happens at the club, dissecting all the news and gossip in my own unique style and post reports, photos and videos after each match, home and away. Am I mad? Most probably, but it's something I enjoy doing.

I'll probably bore even the most die-hard Rovers fans, but I hope my satirical, entertaining and philosophical approach to blogging will make the experience of reading Life's a Gas as enjoyable for you guys as it is for me to write it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, my very first post. It's quite long winded but I think it gets the point across! I'll update the blog regularly and I hope to post at least once a day.

I look forward to sharing the highs and lows of being a Gashead with you guys! Thanks again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts...