Saturday, July 21, 2012

Marcus Stewart Becomes Gas Coach

Former Rovers striker and fans favourite Marcus Stewart has returned to the club as a new part of Mark McGhee's coaching team.

The Bristolian has left Exeter City where he has also been a coach to re-join the club that handed him his professional football debut. He is the new development coach and will work mainly with the 18-21 year olds within the squad. This will be a huge aid in the progression of our young strikers, including Eliot Richards, as they learn from a player who scored over 200 career goals across the top 3 divisions before his retirement in 2011.

He is with the team who travelled to Weston today and will be casting his eye over David Clarkson I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. I am pleased about this appointment. I still rate Marcus as one of the best strikers I have had the pleasure to watch at Rovers, and I think he will have a lot to offer up-and-coming strikers.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts...