Thursday, December 01, 2011

Next Stop Totton!

As we approached Monday's AFC Totton ticket release for Priority Group One members, I conceded I wasn't going to be able to go to the game - what with demand for a ticket seemingly very high I expected them to sell out within a few hours. I have a season ticket so I qualified to be part of the Priority Group, but the fact they were only being sold from The Mem made it virtually impossible for me to get a ticket as I had to be in Sixth Form for half 8. Gutted.

Having discovered late Monday evening that there were still tickets left, I went in to Sixth Form on Tuesday and asked my friend if he was up for going if we were able to get tickets. Fortunately he said yes, so we went to the club shop hoping we'd made it in time to grab a ticket and we did. Result. I was surprised they hadn't sold out but I think the majority of people felt they weren't going to be able to get one so didn't bother going to buy one, meaning that those who did make the effort got rewarded. I'm now quite excited about the game, although the prospect of being on the receiving end of a 'cupset' is rather scary. 

Of course, I would have watched the game on ITV but I wanted to visit the Testwood Stadium and hopefully witness a Gas win. It would be great if we could show the nation how magnificent our support is and play some great football too, but I won't allow myself to dream too much!

I believe Craig Stanley is suspended and obviously we're still without Adam Virgo, Wayne Brown and Scott McGleish so the line-up will be similar to that of recent weeks. If we don't revert from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2 or something more attacking, Buckle should get sacked on the spot! We can't go defensive against a side like Totton, we need to get on the front foot and score as many goals as possible to kill the game off.

I'm excited but cautious at the same time. Hopefully Rovers can make Sunday lunch very pleasant indeed for Gasheads everywhere, if they don't, Paul Buckle will be roast. Or should that be toast...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts...